The Meyer Pediatric Hospital, opened in 1884, was one of Europe’s first ever hospitals specializing in the treatment of children. Commendatore Giovanni Meyer built the children’s hospital, which he dedicated to his late wife Anna Meyer and then donated to the people of the city. Meyer hospital, affectionately known by locals as “ospedalino”, or “the little hospital”, went on to become the birthplace of modern pediatrics. In 2007, the hospital completed its re-modernization and relocation to Villa Ognissanti in the Florentine hills.
c/o Villa Ognissanti, Viale Pieraccini 24, 50139 Careggi / +39 055 56621 / www.meyer.it