Jardin du Luxembourg
Situated between Saint-Germain-des-Prés and the Latin Quarter, the Luxembourg Gardens were created upon the initiative of Queen Marie de Medici in 1612. Covering 23 hectares, it is one of the most popular gardens in Paris. The main part of the park is a large French style garden with a large circular pond surrounded by statues and trees in pots. At the southern end of the garden there is an English style garden plus an apple orchard. There are many activities and facilities for children such as puppets, rides and slides. The garden is open from 8h00 to 17h00 in the winter and from 7h30 to 20h00 in summer.
15 rue de Vaugirard, 75291 Paris