Patient-centred Healthcare on the Costa del Sol
Quirónsalud is one of Spain’s leading hospital groups. How does it differ from other health care providers in Spain?
Quirónsalud is Spain’s leading provider of health services. Although ours is a young brand – born of the merger between idcsalud and Quirón – we have over 60 years of experience caring for people’s health and well-being.
What are the main values of the Group?
Our values provide the foundation for our actions, our work, and our methods. They define us – now and always. They show how we understand health and our relationships with people. They make us different and unique. They are our identity:
Putting people first and foremost
*Caring for people’s health and well-being is our reason for being.
*We put great effort into ensuring each patient’s safety and peace of mind.
*Each person is unique and so is the care we give them.
*Building a team means coordinating and integrating our individual efforts to reach a common goal.
*Building a team means joining know-how and experience.
*Building a team means pursuing shared goals and believing there is strength in unity.
*We recognize the value of every kind of vocation.
*We encourage commitment and dedication in day-to-day work.
*Our dedication is reflected in the quality of our services.
*We strive to make our approachability and empathy widely known.
*We treat people with warmth and care.
*We look to foster respect and communication.
*We offer top-notch health care.
*Our staff are highly qualified and have outstanding expertise.
*We strive to be effective and efficient.
*Innovating means exploring new paths and improving on existing ways of doing things.
*It means keeping an open mind and a creative attitude.
*It means evolving, searching for different results. It is leadership.
*We care for people’s health and well-being and the well-being of our surroundings.
*We transfer our research outcomes to society as a whole.
*We have an unbending commitment to the environment.
Quirónsalud is a very large healthcare network. How does such a large organisation ensure that a patient-centred approach is taken?
Quirónsalud offers patients comprehensive health care that encompasses all medical specialties. We have more than 70 medical centers throughout Spain, a highly regarded professional team, the latest technology, flourishing research and education programs, and a management model based on a solid commitment to quality.
Expert care and a vision of medicine based on personalization, warmth, and connection with the patient – because we believe in person-to-person health.
What medical specialities does Quirónsalud cover?
We cover all medical specialties.
The Costa del Sol is home to many non-Spaniards. How easy is it to find English speaking health professionals in your centres?
Most of our staff speak English and other languages too.
Where are the main Quirónsalud centres on the Costa del Sol?
A hospital in Marbella, another one in Málaga and we also have a medical centre in Fuengirola.
What paediatric services do these hospitals offer?
- Asma infantil
- Ecografía infantil
- Gastroenterología infantil
- Masaje Infantil
- Rehabilitación y estimulación precoz
What obstetric services are available?
The gynaecology service of the Marbella Quirónsalud Hospital is composed of renowned specialists who give responses and solutions to women in any of their life phases.
- General gynaecology. The most important thing for health is prevention. Do not postpone your annual gynaecological check-up.
- Genital Cancer Early Diagnosis Unit. If you have any doubt about human papillomavirus (HPV), do not hesitate to come to us. We rely on the most advanced services for its diagnosis and treatment.
- Gynaecological surgery. We perform minimally invasive surgery and new techniques, such as outpatient hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.
- Oncological gynaecology. Study and treatment of tumours of the female reproductive system (uterus, ovaries, vulva and cervix). We are pioneers in oncological endoscopic surgery.
- Menopause Unit. We are pioneers of this service in private healthcare in Malaga. We address with guarantees all the symptoms that appear in this life phase.
- Breast section. Multidisciplinary area for early diagnosis and treatment, with the latest oncoplastic, preservative and reconstructive techniques.
- Pelvic Floor Unit. Assessment and treatment of all pathologies related to this series of muscles that sustain the uterus, the bladder and the intestine. We rely on a specialist physiotherapist who will help with rehabilitation.
- Sexology consultation. A psychologist will guide you in sexual therapy (problems of anorgasmia, ejaculation disorders, arousal, sexual relations pain and sexual desire disorders), couple’s therapy and gender violence, and will provide psychological support in homosexuality and transexuality.
Are there any facilities for natural birth available to pregnant women on the Costa del Sol?
We have all facilities for natural birth.
It is common knowledge that healthy habits contribute to a better quality of life. How does the Quirónsalud Foundation promote this message?
Dissemination and promotion of healthy habits that contribute to a better quality of life:
- A Prospective, Observational Study: Impact of the QS Life method on quality of life
- QS Life Method
- Healthy Habits for Schoolchildren
- Diabetes Experts Seminar
- Health Tips and Activities for Patients, Families and Society
Click here for different healthcare packages available to families.