In this MumAbroad interview, Laurence Lemoine, founder of Valencia Expat Services, tells us how non-EU citizens can apply for a digital nomad visa. Laurence explains what the Spanish digital nomad visa is, what the requirements are and what it means for those wanting to work digitally from Spain.
* Spain’s digital nomad visa is for self-employed or full-time workers who can do their job remotely
* Spain’s digital nomad visa will allow eligible workers to bring their families along
* The initial 1 or 3 year permit can be extended to 5 years which counts towards nationality
* Taxes are a flat fee of 24% of your income for 4 years
* Spanish residents can travel throughout all EU countries
If you apply for the visa from your home country the visa will be valid for 1 year but if you apply once in Spain it will be valid for 3 years. For those nationalities entitled to visit Spain without a visa it is worth considering applying for the digital nomad visa once you are in Spain. After 3 years the visa can be extended for a further 2 years.
Once you have all the necessary documents in order the application filing, submission and monitoring is all done electronically.
If you are looking to obtain a digital nomad visa to live and work in Spain, then contact Laurence.
She helps expats from all over the world settle in and around the Valencian Community in Spain. She also has offices in Barcelona and Madrid.
Here’s the website: www.valencia-expat-services.com